Developing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
Event on 2015-06-15 08:30:00
Length: 5 days
In this course, students will learn to develop advanced ASP.NET MVC and Web Forms applications using .NET Framework 4 tools and technologies. The focus will be on coding activities that enhance the performance and scalability of the Web site application. ASP.NET MVC will be introduced and compared with Web Forms so that students know when each should/could be used. This will also prepare the student for exam 70-515.
This course is intended for professional Web developers who use Microsoft Visual Studio in a team-based, medium-sized to large development environment. Members of the audience have a minimum of two to three years of experience developing Web-based applications by using Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft ASP.NET. Members of the audience are experienced users of Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and newer releases of the Visual Studio product. The audience understands how to use the new features of Visual Studio 2010.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the underlying architecture and design of a Web application.
- Apply best practices and make appropriate trade-offs based on business requirements when designing a Web application.
- Develop MVC models.
- Develop MVC controllers.
- Develop MVC views.
- Optimize the design of a Web application for discoverability by search engines.
- Write server-side code for Web Forms.
- Optimize data management for Web Forms.
- Ensure quality by debugging, unit testing, and refactoring.
- Secure a Web application.
- Apply Master Pages and CSS for a consistent application UI.
- Develop client-side scripts and services for a responsive, rich, and interactive UI.
- Implement advanced AJAX in a Web application.
- Deploy a Web application.
- Develop a Web application by using Silverlight.
at Discover ITT Riverchase Training Center
3 Riverchase Office Plaza
Birmingham, United States