Managing Safely for Offshore Renewables (IOSH Approved) – Southampton (Romsey)
Event on 2015-07-07 08:30:00
Sharing knowledge and experience through industry bespoke training packages. The essential elements of competence.
TÜV SÜD PMSS is proud to offer this highly acclaimed course, specifically for Managers, Supervisors and Developers working in the offshore wind, wave and tidal technologies. The course material has been drawn from our long standing experience in onshore and offshore renewables projects and in consultation with the industry and is relevant for those working at all stages of a project from development, through operations and maintenance to decommissioning. Our courses are delivered by industry professionals, involved in current projects, so in depth understanding of the industry by tutors may be assured.
Based on the IOSH Managing Safely platform providing an internationally recognised health & safety qualification, Managing Safely for Offshore Renewables, approved and accredited by IOSH, approved by RTN and endorsed by The Crown Estate, provides managers, supervisors, team leaders and technicians with essential tools for competently and safely leading teams operating in the offshore renewable energy sector.
Having successfully run the IOSH Managing Safely for Offshore Renewables course for 18 months now, we have reviewed the course and the great feedback that we have received and have satisfied ourselves (and IOSH) that our course can actually be completed in just 3 days instead of 4.
Our new 3 day intensive programme delivers the same excellent course to our recognised high standard, whilst minimising ‘down time’ for your busy and valuable people.
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand the reasons for and benefits of managing safely.
- Understand the Manager’s responsibilities and accountabilities for safety and health.
- Obtain a broad knowledge of the onshore based and maritime based health & safety legal duties relating to an offshore renewable project and know where to find help and guidance.
- Understand the structure and purpose of a health & safety management system.
- Have an appreciation of the hazards associated with offshore renewables at all stages of asset life, understand the process of how to assess the risks associated with those hazards and mitigate against them.
- Understand the purpose and features of an Emergency Response plan.
- Be aware of the steps necessary to undertake an effective accident and incident investigation and the reasons for doing so.
- Recognise the reactive and proactive elements of health & safety performance management and the advantages of collecting the right Key Performance Indicators.
- Have a broad understanding of the reasons for effective Environmental Management and the features of an Environmental Management System and Environmental Management Plan
The course price includes; the course, a delegate workbook, lunch and refreshments each day.
Full Terms & Conditions can be found at: www.tuv-sud.co.uk/msforterms
at TÜV SÜD PMSS
8 Latimer Walk
Romsey, United Kingdom